Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Editors are welcome to help by adding what you know.
If you need some help , you may refer to the Manual of Style for some guidance.
Help improve it by adding in what you know, or look at the request below for specific details.
Theater Mode can be unlocked in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Kingdom Hearts Re:coded and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance . It allows the player to re-watch all voiced cutscenes in the game after beating it at any time via the main menu, where "New Game" and "Load" are accessible (except in the case of Kingdom Hearts 3D, where Theater Mode is accessible from the main menu during gameplay in the Mementos menu). Theater Mode was first introduced with Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ package of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories.
Conditions to unlockEdit
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of MemoriesEdit
- Clear Sora's story, then Riku's to unlock the other cutscenes.
Kingdom Hearts II Final MixEdit
- Complete the game.
- Complete the game on any difficulty and have clear data from Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories on your memory card.
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 DaysEdit
- Clear Story Mode.
Kingdom Hearts Birth by SleepEdit
- Complete Terra, Aqua, and Ventus's scenarios and the Final Episode.
Kingdom Hearts Re:codedEdit
- Complete the game.
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop DistanceEdit
- Complete the game.
List of cutscenesEdit
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
Note: The cutscenes for Floors 2 through 10 will vary in order depending on the World Card the player has selected.
- Promise of a Reunion
- 1st Floor: Traverse Town
- To Lose and Claim Anew
- Friends Disappearing
- Ruled by Cards
- Leon and Yuffie
- A Gift from Leon
- A Town Made of Memories
- When the Bell Tolls
- Beware of Your Memories
- Got it Memorized?
- When Sleeping Memories Awaken
- 2nd Floor: Agrabah
- An Adventure Forgotten
- Saving Aladdin
- Genie and the Magic Lamp
- Aladdin's Wish
- Jasmine in Danger
- Jafar's Ambitions
- The Last Wish
- Journal Pages Vanishing
- Girl in a White Room
- 3rd Floor: Olympus Coliseum
- Are We Losing Our Memories?
- Survival Cup
- Two Words
- Cloud's Job
- Stopping Cloud
- Not Interested
- What's Important
- The Smiling Siren
- 4th Floor: Wonderland
- The Good Luck Charm
- Chasing the White Rabbit
- Alice on Trial
- Cards in Pursuit
- The Cheshire Cat
- The Queen's Ambush
- What's Really Real
- Memories Come Awake
- Girl Drawing Memories
- 5th Floor: Halloween Town
- Memory of Another
- Jack, the King of Nightmares
- Pesky Heartless
- Dr. Finklestein's Invention
- Sally's Worries
- Oogie's Nightmare
- True Memories
- Girl on the Islands
- The Key to the Plot
- 7th Floor: 100 Acre Wood
- To Rescue Naminé
- Looking for Nobody
- Who's There?
- Hello, Piglet
- Rabbit's Veggies
- A Token of Appreciation
- Owl's Advice
- I'm Tigger!
- Bouncing Your Way
- The Well of Winds
- Roo's Game
- Eeyore's Tail
- An Accidental Thank You
- Friends Forever
- Reunion with Riku
- The Wordless Friend
- 8th Floor: Neverland
- Always Smile!
- On a Ship
- Peter Pan to the Rescue
- Wendy's Heart
- Hook's Wrath
- Even After We Grow Up
- Fighting Friends
- Out of Reach
- We Nobodies
- 10th Floor: Hollow Bastion
- A Promise with Naminé
- Belle Refuses the Beast
- Belle's Wavering Heart
- A Heart Stolen
- Together Again
- I Am Vexen
- A Forbidden Memory
- Eliminate the Traitor
- 11th Floor: Twilight Town
- The Card of Mystery
- A Town Unremembered
- Memories That Bind
- Vexen's End
- Conspiracy of Rebellion
- Matching Memories
- The Fake Charm
- A Falling Out
- The Only One Who Can Save Him
- 12th Floor: Destiny Islands
- Sora on His Own
- Friends on the Islands
- Riku in My Memories
- The Islands Falling Apart
- The Girl That Never Was
- A Forgotten Remnant
- The Person Most Special
- Larxene's Sneer
- False Memories and Real Feelings
- Promise in the Light
Note: The cutscenes for Basements 11 through 4 will vary in order depending on the World Card the player has selected.
- Basement 12: Hollow Bastion
- The Slumber's End - Riku awakens in a mysterious place. Guided by a strange voice, he takes a special card that appears before him, and is teleported to Basement 12 of Castle Oblivion.
- Hollow Bastion - Riku enters the card world of Hollow Bastion, the voice forcing him to recollect his most grim of memories.
- A Tiny Room - Riku's dark memories continue to torment him as the voice leads him to his old bedroom.
- Empty Heart - The voice tells Riku that the reason why he isn't encountering others is the darkness in his heart, and how this darkness is all he knows.
- Maleficent Returns - Riku comes before Maleficent, the witch claiming how Riku craves darkness. The two battle, Riku earning the victory.
- Ansem of the Dark - After exiting Hollow Bastion, Riku comes face-to-face with Ansem, Seeker of Darkness, the source of the voice. Ansem proceeds to battle Riku.
- Ansem's Offer - After their tussle, Ansem offers Riku the power of darkness.
- The Organization - We are introduced to Zexion and Lexaeus, who converse along with Vexen about two mysterious scents that appeared in the castle's lowest basement.
- Basement 11: Traverse Town
- The Smell of Darkness and the King's Light - Riku senses for the first time the darkness. Realizing the darkness has indeed gotten to him, a hallucination of King Mickey persuades him not to lose hope.
- The Other Hero - Zexion deduces the "other scent" to be Riku. This piques Vexen's interest.
- Basement 10: Monstro
- One Who Walks in the Twilight - Riku comes before Vexen, the Nobody confusing him with riddles about an "Ansem" who walks the Twilight.
- Stolen Data - After their battle, Vexen thanks Riku for providing him with valuable data.
- Basement 9: Neverland
- Zexion the Tactician - Zexion reveals to Lexaeus that Vexen's replica is soon to be completed.
- Basement 8 :Agrabah
- Basement 7: Halloween Town
- What You Should Be - Riku searches for his replica, encountering Ansem instead. Ansem tells Riku that he should view his replica as a model rather than a "fake."
- Memories of Lies - After Vexen, Axel, and Larxene discuss potential plans for Sora, the Riku Replica appears, forced to take on the real Riku's memories via Naminé.
- Basement 6: Atlantica
- Kairi's Shadow - Larxene taunts Naminé, but is stopped by the Riku Replica, whom has had his memories changed. After he leaves the room, Naminé is tempted by Larxene into erasing Kairi from Sora's memories completely.
- Basement 5: Wonderland
- Obtaining Riku - After the fall of Vexen, Lexaeus and Zexion decide that their only chance of stopping Marluxia is to obtain Riku.
- Basement 4: Olympus Coliseum
- Ridding Myself of the Dark - Riku comes to his last card world. Ansem comes before him, Riku bragging that if he went through this world and didn't cower, he'd be the "winner" of their little game.
- Lexaeus the Tacturn - Riku exits a card world to be faced with Lexaeus, who sternly begs Riku to let go of his fear of the darkness. The two engage in a battle.
- In a Flesh of Darkness - Riku's body is possessed by Ansem, Lexaeus destroyed in the process.
- The World of Darkness - After the fall of Lexaeus, Ansem almost completely gains control over Riku. The King comes to his rescue, however.
- The King's Heart - The King tells Riku that he will never be alone, as their hearts are connected.
- The Tactician's Move - After the destruction of Lexaeus, Zexion discusses with Axel his plan to do away with Riku.
- Basement 3: Destiny Islands
- A Card of Home - Riku encounters Zexion after the fall of Marluxia shakes the castle, the Nobody presenting him with a card version of his home, Destiny Islands, but not before revealing Sora is in the castle.
- Lost Friends - Riku enters Destiny Islands, realizing how much he missed being home. He encounters Tidus, Selphie, and Wakka, the trio revealed just to be illusions.
- Lost Memories - Riku reunites with Kairi, the girl revealed to be yet another illusion. Zexion soon appears, ready to claim Riku as his own.
- One Who Destroyed Home - Zexion forces Riku to relive the night his island was destroyed. Riku is then forced to fight the Darkside, which Zexion claims Riku really is.
- A Friend's Back - Riku is attacked by Sora, his childhood friend, after the fall of the Darkside Zexion summons.
- Yours Alone - Naminé speaks to Riku in Kairi's form, teaching him to accept both light and darkness.
- Accepting the Darkness - Riku accepts his darkness, mortally wounding Zexion, forcing the Nobody to flee.
- The Tactician's End - Zexion returns to his chambers mortally wounded, betrayed by Axel and eliminated by the Riku Replica.
- Basement 2: Twilight Town
- Reunion with the King - Riku is finally reunited with King Mickey.
- DiZ - Riku arrives in Twilight Town, only to be faced with Ansem. Riku reconsiders his attack, discovering that the Ansem before him is not the true Ansem. The enigma states he is correct, revealing himself to be a man named DiZ. The bandage-faced man then instructs Riku to find Naminé and "make a choice."
- The Last One-on-One - The Riku Replica and the true Riku face off for the last time, the replica using new strength gained from absorbing Zexion's life-force.
- The Same Place as Mine - Before the Riku Replica fades away into darkness, Riku claims the fake's heart will go to the same place as his.
- Riku's Choice - Riku meets Naminé, discovering Sora's sleeping form. Rather than going to sleep to have his heart locked, Riku chooses to fight Ansem, himself.
- DiZ Guidance - DiZ grants Riku the card that will draw the true Ansem out. He also bestows to both Riku and King Mickey Organization cloaks, which will aid them as they travel the darkness and fight its denizens.
- Basement 1: Castle Oblivion
- Riku's Resolve and the King's Determination - Riku asks to fight Ansem alone, and for the King to destroy him if Ansem possesses him, the King wishing to come to Riku's aid instead.
- To the Heart of Darkness - Entering Castle Oblivion, Riku calls out to Ansem, who claims to be hiding in the darkest depths of the world.
- The Foul Stench - Riku and Ansem face off in their final battle.
- Darkness Released - Riku deals the final blow to Ansem, finally reprieved from his great pain caused by the villain.
- After the Battle - Riku and King Mickey realize their friendship, ready to voyage together from that point forward.
- Where the Road Leads - Riku tells DiZ he wishes to take the middle road, the "Road to Dawn," with King Mickey by his side.
|Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix|
|Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days|
|Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep|
Where the Heart Goes - Sora and Riku are shown looking up at the stars when they begin to go home, Riku notices something wrong with Sora. He's crying and feels very sad, but doesn't know why. Riku says that someone must be very sad and is waiting for Sora to reach out and help them. Sora doesn't understand, but tries anyway. Sora's heart then calls out to Ven's. The scene changes to Radiant Garden where Braig is leading Ansem the Wise and Dilan to a young man that remembers nothing, save for his name... Xehanort. Aqua's armor and Keyblade are brought as well. The scene changes again, to Aqua who is shown wandering through the Realm of Darkness wielding Master Eraqus's Keyblade. She is soon surrounded by Darkside Heartless and almost gives up, when she is saved by Ven and Terra's Keyblades. She remembers all the friends she made on her journey and with her resolve strengthened, she says there is always a way. The end credits begin to roll and "Simple and Clean" plays. After the credits end, Sora appears on his own Dive to the Heart pillar and reaches out to Ven's heart, allowing Ven to stay within his heart until he is ready.
|Kingdom Hearts Re:coded|
|Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance|
Note: Other cutscenes are classified as 'Flashbacks' and feature in a different part of the Mementos menu. Destiny Islands
- Theater Mode was one of the many additions to Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, to make up for the lost feature of multiplayer that was included in the original Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories