You are welcome to help by . Please follow the Manual of Style and Editing Help to get started.
Master Form (マスターフォーム Masutā Fōmu?) is a Drive Form which appears in Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. It uses both of your party members, and consumes four of Sora's Drive Bars. It represents the fusion of Valor Form and Wisdom Form, and is obtained when Sora reunites with King Mickey at Hollow Bastion.
Master Form is the third drive form to be obtained, after Valor and Wisdom Form. Subsequently, it acts like somewhat of a hybrid between the two, with a focus on both magic and strength. When in this form, Sora wields two Keyblades and his magic skills are strengthened: the use of magic becomes endless, allowing you to add magical attacks into combos without reducing the amount of physical attacks you can do, more than doubling the amount of attacks that can be input before the ending combo. Master Form is very good for aerial combat, supported by its higher-than-average jump, the Aerial Dodge ability, and movements that allow Sora to stay longer in the air. In Master Form, Sora's running and jumping speed are 25% higher than normal, his jump height is 150% and a second jump is possible while in the air, and his maximum midair combo length increases by 2.
- Form Level Master Form gains 1 experience point for every small Drive Orb obtained, and gains 3 experience points for every big Drive Orb obtained. While leveling up Master Form, having the Jackpot ability and the Wishing Lamp Keyblade equipped will help.
|Form Level||Experience||Bonus Master Form||Bonus Sora|
|1||0||Aerial Dodge Level 1||N/A|
|2||60||Form Gauge +1||Auto Master|
|3||240||Form Gauge +1, Aerial Dodge Level 2||Aerial Dodge Level 1|
|4||456||Form Gauge +1||Air Combo Plus|
|5||726||Form Gauge +1, Aerial Dodge Level 3||Aerial Dodge Level 2|
|6||1,050||Form Gauge +1||Air Combo Plus|
|7||1,500||Form Gauge +1, Aerial Dodge MAX||Aerial Dodge Level 3|
Like Wisdom Form, Sora performs his magic differently in this form, in fact he uses the finishing move version of the magic, making him can't do the magic combo.
- Fire - Sora will charge towards the enemy while surrounded by fire shield.
- Blizzard - Sora will slash the enemy from side then shoot multi directional ice blocks in shotgun style, using it in point blank range will deal massive damage.
- Thunder - Sora will circle the enemy then summons multiple lightning bolts.
- Reflect - Nothing's changed, except it's more powerful when deflects the attack.
- Magnet - The magnet orb will suck the enemies, dealing multiple hits to them, then throws them and suck them again.
Master Form bears a yellow and black color scheme. It is the last Drive Form that Sora gains through the story, apart from Final Form, which is obtained through gameplay. The symbols on his pants are three black crosses arranged in a fancy overlapping pattern. When in Master Form on any world, pale yellow sparkles constantly fall off Sora and create somewhat of a streak behind him when running. Also, the floating Keyblade is held in place by a yellow aura surrounding Sora's hand and the Keyblade he is physically holding seems to have deep yellow electricity flowing through it.
- Halloween Town: Sora's mask changes into half of the Valor Form mask and half of the Wisdom Form mask, sewn together with a large, crude stitch.
- Christmas Town: A golden cross appears on Sora's santa hat, while more golden crosses appear on the back of his shirt.
- Space Paranoids: Sora's circuit lines turn yellow.
- Timeless River: Sora's health icon gets a yellow tint.
|Master Strike||A powerful combo finish where Sora performs a flurry of blows and ends in a giant "X" slash.|
|Disaster||A powerful combo finish in which Sora spins through the air, gathering a ball of wind around him. Sora can move around during the combo period to entrap enemies around him, dealing grinding damage until Sora releases the wind in a powerful blast.|
|Master Magic||Increases the overall capabilities of Magic attacks.|
|Aerial Dodge||A double jump where Sora does another leap in mid-air, accessible via pressing .|
|Synch Blade||Allows Sora to wield two Keyblades at once.|
|Endless Magic||Magic combos can continue endlessly.|
|Air Combo Plus||1 added attack to prolong air combos.|
|Draw||Attract nearby orbs.|
|MP Hastera||MP recharge time is faster 1.5 times than normal.|
- If you want to level this form quickly, you can equip Oathkeeper and Follow the Wind for the draw and Form Boost abilities, then go to Land of Dragons. There is an area there called the Checkpoint that has three destructible items that drop drive orbs. If you destroy all the Heartless in the area and stay in the area, you can enter and exit one zone away to respawn the items, but not the Heartless. Using Fire and Negative Combo is advised to reduce item destruction time.
- One of the best ways to level this form in Kingdom Hearts II is in Land of Dragons. The Emperor's Antechamber leads directly to a hallway where over five Minotaur Heartless appear. Finish off the Heartless, which appear in three waves, and head outside for another helping of drive orbs. Return to the Emperor's room, leave the world, and return immediately. This strategy can level Master Form to max in under ten minutes.
- For Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, Timeless River is a great place for earning experience for Master Form. After equipping the Oathkeeper and the Follow the Wind, alongside Drive Converter, defeat the Heartless from Mickey's House to the Building Site, or vice versa. When your drive gauge is low, exit to the Cornerstone of Light and start over the process.
- There are several places to level up Master Form, like Timeless River in Disney Castle, that contains several Heartless that drop the large Drive Orbs.
- In this form, Magic can continue endlessly.
- Master Forms's combos are all aerial, making easier to hit both ground and aerial enemies.
- The finisher, Disaster, can move slowly gathering near enemies, giving the chance to gather many orbs at once.
- The fastest way to level up Master Form is by equipping the Draw ability and, if not equipped, it makes it a lot harder.
- Master Form has Synch Blade, thus making the combos more durable, making it even harder and time consuming to pick up Drive Orbs.
Notes and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ Yen Sid's mirror: "An image of you possessing all abilities flows into your mind".
|Valor | Wisdom | Limit | Master | Final | Anti|
|Sora's Other Forms and Costumes|
|Merman | Vampire | Data | Retro | Lion | Card | Die | Santa|
|Donald's Forms and Costumes|
|Squid | Mummy | Data | Retro | Bird | Snowman|
|Goofy's Forms and Costumes|
|Turtle | Frankenstein | Data | Retro | Tortoise | Reindeer|
|Dark Mode | Ansem | Halloween|
|Lion | Retro|