|Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD|
|キングダム ハーツ ドリーム ドロップ ディスタンス HD|
Kingudamu Hātsu Dorīmu Doroppu Disutansu HD
|Publisher(s)||/, Square Enix|
|Release date(s)|| January 12, 2017|
|Genre||Console action Role-playing game|
|Game modes||Single player|
|Platform(s)||Playstation 4 (PS4)|
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD is a full HD remaster of Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance designed for the PlayStation 4 (PS4). It was released as part of a package of three games entitled Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. The game was first announced on September 15th, 2015, and was originally released in Japan on January 12th, 2017 and elsewhere on January 24th, 2017.
The game is largely the same as its Nintendo 3DS counterpart, but includes some additional features as well as alterations designed to adapt the game to the PS4. The conversion from two screens to one is the most notable of the changes seen. Little has changed in terms of gameplay. However, three new Dream Eaters have been introduced and minor game features have been altered to adapt to the PS4.
The game was first announced at the SCEJA Press Conference on September 15th, 2015. At the time, the game's release was scheduled for 2016, but the eventual release was delayed until the beginning of 2017.
At Jump Festa in December, 2015 the first trailer for the game was released to the public. An additional trailer was then released on June 8th, 2016 at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). This latter trailer stated the release date for the game would be in December 2016.
The game was received well, much like Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.
Changes from Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop DistanceEdit
- Three new Dream Eaters, Catanuki, Beatalike, and Tubguin Ace have been introduced to the game.
- All Training Toys mini-games have been reworked for the PS4 controller. The Treasure Goggles mini-game has been replaced with the Candy Goggles mini-game due to the lack of camera function with the PS4 compared to the Nintendo 3DS, while the Water Barrel mini-game has been converted into a pinball-style mini-game.
- The background of the Dream Eaters mini-game is from the Spirits menu, whereas the original game used images from the 3DS camera. 
- The Link System now has its own dedicated sub-menu, along with an additional sub-menu for switching between Dream Eaters present in the current party.
- The Dive Mode mini-game now features its own dedicated Command Menu.
- By pressing the Touchpad on the PS4 controller, players are able to pull up a full-view map of the current area.
- Reality Shifts and the Flick Rush mini-game have been reworked to accommodate a single screen and a PS4 controller.
- When activating Reality Shift, Sora and Riku now raise their Keyblades skyward. This is followed by a flash of light, as opposed to the original version where the duo jump and dive into the ground.
- The game now runs at 60 frames per second (FPS) during gameplay, while cutscenes remain at 30 FPS.
- Textures have been improved and anti-aliasing has been added.
- Drop times have been extended to allow for smoother gameplay.
- The Command Deck menu now displays three commands instead of two.
- The user interface has been redone with higher resolution textures, and an aesthetic more consistent with previous games.
- The camera has been notably zoomed out, creating a wider field of view.
- Reworking the opening sequence to fit the CGI animation, opening credits, and some of the Mickey Mouse animations from the original game onto one screen.
- Due to the lack of a camera and Streetpass function, two trophies have been replaced.
Notes & ReferencesEdit
- ↑ http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/09/15/kingdom-hearts-2-8-final-chapter-prologue-revealed-for-ps4.aspx
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lElMrj25JHI
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_bhXcjU9AE
- ↑ http://kh13.com/news/new-kingdom-hearts-hd-28-final-chapter-prologue-trailer-released-leading-up-to-e3
- ↑ Kingdom Hearts 2.8 - Dream Eater Mini-Games PS4 VS 3DS Comparison!
See Also Edit
|Kingdom Hearts • Chain of Memories • Kingdom Hearts II • coded • 358/2 Days • Birth by Sleep • 3D: Dream Drop Distance • χ [chi] • Back Cover • 0.2 Birth by Sleep • Kingdom Hearts III|
|Remakes and Remasters|
|Re:Chain of Memories • Re:coded • Unchained χ • Union χ • Dream Drop Distance HD|
|Trinity Master Pieces • II Final Mix+ • 10th Anniversary Box • HD 1.5 ReMix • HD 2.5 ReMix • HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue • 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX • The Story So Far|
|Final Mix • II Final Mix • Birth by Sleep Final Mix|
|Non Canon Titles|
|V CAST • Mobile • Magical Puzzle Clash • Gummiship Studio|
|Characters | Heartless | Nobodies | Unversed | Dream Eaters | Replicas | Heart | Soul | Body | Memory | Keyhole | Gate | Keyblade | Light | Darkness|
|Mark of Mastery | Book of Prophecies | χ-blade | Foreteller|
|HP | AP | Munny | Magic | Heart Points | Save Point | Gummi Ship | Cards | Medal | Level | Flowmotion | Jiminy's Journal | Point of No Return|