|Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX|
Kingudamu Hātsu HD 1.5 Rimikkusu
|Developer(s)||Square Co., Ltd.|
|Publisher(s)||Square Co., Ltd.|
|Release date(s)|| March 14, 2013|
September 13, 2013
/ September 10, 2013
September 12, 2013
|Game modes||Single Player|
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX is an HD collection of two games from the Kingdom Hearts series. It features Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, and a full cutscene collection from Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days for Sony's PlayStation 3 platform. Both games have remastered HD graphics and Trophy support and the cutscenes from 358/2 Days have been remade in HD. It launched in Japan on March 14, 2013, North America on September 10, 2013, Europe on September 13, 2013, and Australia on September 12, 2013. It marks the first time Kingdom Hearts Final Mix is available outside of Japan, and the first time Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories is available in Europe and Australia. It will be followed by Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX.
- Remastered in high definition.
- Video output supported in 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p.
- Audio output supported in Dolby Digital 5.1 sound and DTS Digital Surround 5.1.
- PlayStation 3 trophy support.
- Unlockable PlayStation 3 theme for each title.
- Updated character models.
- Remastered background music.
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
- Zero EXP and Combo Master abilities have been added to the game.
- The right analog stick now controls the camera.
- Summons now occupy the fourth Command Menu slot.
- Talk and other special commands are now bound to .
- Cutscenes can now be skipped.
- The Final Fantasy X-2 trailer on the game's menu is replaced with a Back button to return to the main menu.
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
- Maverick Flare, Midnight Roar, Total Eclipse, and Two Become One from Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days are added as new attack cards replacing Monochrome, Follow the Wind, Photon Debugger, and Hidden Dragon from Kingdom Hearts II. Star Seeker and Bond of Flame from Kingdom Hearts II are the only attack cards from the original Re:Chain of Memories release to still be retained.
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
- 2 hours and 50 minutes of fully-voiced, high definition cutscenes across 109 "chapters".
- Includes all of Roxas's Diary, the Secret Reports and Character Database entries.
- Completing all of the above will unlock the special attack and enemy cards for Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories that was previously accomplished by connecting with Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix's save file or completing both Sora and Riku's games.
- A full remake of the game was planned, but it was replaced with the cinematic remake when Square Enix was running out of time to finish before the full collection's realease.
Pre-Ordering the game came with a Limited Edition Artbook at launch. The Artbook wasn't a separate book from the actual game box, and included the disc at the back of the book. The Artbook contains early sketches, character renders, and final pieces of artwork from Tetsuya Nomura. On July 15, another bonus was announced via the Kingdom Hearts Facebook page.
By pre-ordering the game, American consumers would automatically receive an exclusive dynamic theme for the Playstation 3 as it was gifted by the NA division of Square Enix (neither European, Asian or Austrailian customers recieved the dynamic theme).
A "secret" message from Tetsuya Nomura was also included as a foreword in the book. It read:
Over 10 years have passed since we released the first KINGDOM HEARTS game. My only regret was never releasing KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX overseas, so I am very pleased to now give fans everywhere a chance to play it, this time in its best format - full High-Definition.
Revisiting the first game, I don't think it feels like a 10 year-old game, despite some unrefined elements. Everything was a new experience for me back then. It was extremely challenging to create a completely never gae system and series. However, I think KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX still feels like a new game because the passion of our creative efforts are still felt in the game itself to this day.
The KINGDOM HEARTS series would not have lasted this long without the incredible support from you, the fans. In response to your passion towards the KINGDOM HEARTS series, I will continue to create something you can all enjoy playing for the next several decades.
- On Destiny Islands in Kingdom Hearts/Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, the moment after Kairi says "Go!", Sora and Riku glance at each other before racing. In Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX that slight delay is left out.
|Kingdom Hearts • Chain of Memories • Kingdom Hearts II • coded • 358/2 Days • Birth by Sleep • 3D: Dream Drop Distance • Kingdom Hearts III|
|Remakes and other titles|
|Final Mix • Re:Chain of Memories • II Final Mix • Mobile • Re:coded • Birth by Sleep Final Mix • V CAST • HD 1.5 ReMix • χ [chi] • HD 2.5 ReMix|
|Characters | Heartless | Nobodies | Unversed | Replicas | Heart | Soul | Body | Memory | Keyhole | Gate | Keyblade | Light | Darkness|
|HP | AP | Munny | Heart Points | Save Point | Gummi Ship | Level | Jiminy's Journal|