Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories manga is the second series of Kingdom Hearts manga. It was based on Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.
It was released in two volumes and translated to English by TOKYOPOP.
The Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories Manga has a much lighter tone than that of the game, as evidenced by many things, including the following:
- When Axel first arrives to test Sora, he has his hood up.
- Sora's first confrontation with Axel is a farce, including Sora crashing into the wall alongside Donald and Goofy.
- Both Larxene and Lexaeus are seen reading.
- Marluxia always has flowers around him.
- Both teams (Marluxia, Axel, Larxene and Vexen, Zexion, Lexaeus) both have living room like bases instead of empty rooms.
- Marluxia's team have computer screens to watch Sora's motives.
- Marluxia and Larxene have a small party, where they drink soda and eat chicken wings.
- Zexion, Lexaeus, and Vexen are shown doing chores, and even have a chore wheel. There are eight chores: Vexen and Lexaeus both have three, while Zexion has two. After Vexen's death, Lexaeus assumes that he will have to do Vexen's chores in addition to his own.
- The Traverse Town, Agrabah, Twilight Town, and Destiny Islands World Cards are the only ones that Sora is shown to use.
- Riku's fight with Lexaeus is never shown, only the end is. Also, instead of fighting with Sora, Axel just leaves him to destroy Marluxia.
- Axel says "Give me one heck of a show!" in the manga, instead of "Give me one hell of a show!" in the game.
- The Hollow Bastion and Destiny Islands World Cards are the only ones that Riku is shown to use.
- Riku kills Zexion.
- The Riku Replica lives, and leaves Castle Oblivion along with multiple Vexen Replicas.
- Jiminy Cricket never writes 'Thank Naminé' in his journal.
- Unlike the game, Sora remembered who Aladdin is despite some difficulties at first.
- Sora, Donald, and Goofy try to save Jasmine by pretending to be genies. After Jafar makes an impossible wish for them to grant (for Princess Jasmine to fall desperately in love with him, stating that a sultan has need for a princess), Aladdin springs in to action, while Sora and co. follow suit.
- Instead of setting Genie free with the last/3rd wish, Genie was freed with the 2nd one though he still insisted he would grant the 3rd wish (but he can grant more than three since he was freed). This breaks the canon for both the original version of Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts, even the original version of the film Aladdin.
- Genie played along in granting wishes (which logically ended up as just 1, by making him Sultan of Agrabah) for Jafar. Especially tricking him into turning into a Genie himself.
- Before Sora fights Marluxia, he uses thorns to hold Naminé in a similar fashion to being crucified. Donald and Goofy save and heal her from this painful method of imprisonment. It is shown that this seems to have left her unconscious, possibly due to the pain.
- Donald and Goofy are unable to participate in the final battle due to being restrained by giant Venus flytraps.
- Tidus, Selphie, and Wakka did not appear again because they didn't appear in the manga adaption of the first Kingdom Hearts.
- Small TV's were shown in Naminé's room. The TV Brand name was Nomura, the last name of Kingdom Hearts creator Tetsuya Nomura. Marluxia is also seen eating Nomura-brand chicken.
- Rather than the Destiny Islands card being transformed into the Riku Replica's fake good luck charm, Axel gives the card to Sora right after he kills Vexen in the Twilight Town floor.
- Instead of being incinerated, Vexen died by being slashed from Axel's chakrams.
- Larxene died by getting wet, causing her to short-circuit.
- Sora fights Marluxia only once and defeats him by impaling him in the neck.
- While going towards the final floor, Sora, Donald and Goofy came across a vending machine of warm potions and elixirs. Goofy buys an elixir, and wins a free drink.
- Marluxia said "In this place, to find is to lose and to lose is to find" four times.
- Vexen thought that Xemnas and Riku wore the same cologne that's why his scent was very familiar to Xemnas'
- Instead of Sora and co. meeting Cid alone in the first district, they are shown meeting him along with Leon and co. while making dinner.
- Sora, Donald, and Goofy never re-face the armor.
- Sora and co. are trying out a new restaurant when they get attacked by Heartless and can't defend themselves. Leon comes in to save the day.
- Donald doesn't say "thunder" when he had forgotten his magic, instead, he said things like "Sand-wich?"
- Goofy seems to be ordering a lot of fast-food in his sleep when Sora is visited by Marluxia.
- Cid is shown to make a special stew where he dumps everything in the fridge into the pot. Yuffie finds that her cheesecake is gone, then Cid reveals that he used it for the secret ingredient of the stew. This ends with Yuffie chasing Cid and throwing shurikens at him.
- Riku Replica is only encountered by Sora twice, unlike in the game, where he is encountered four times.
- Namine is seen wearing a safety helmet when Axel and Marluxia fights.
- Riku only meets Zexion when in the Destiny Islands memory, and Zexion is sitting on the paopu tree when they meet.