In Kingdom Hearts, the Keyholes were sealed, leaving no way to travel between each world. About a year later, the Heartless found another method of traveling between worlds, creating their own Gates. A good portion of the Gates are revealed in Kingdom Hearts II.
The Gates are opened when a specific item or object, different for each world, is surrounded in light and is accompanied by a gust of wind. The item in question reveals the Keyhole to a route, which Sora then unseals. Sora, Donald, and Goofy continue on their adventures thereafter with the new route opened. When Sora unlocks a world's gate, a symbol shaped like Sora's crown pendant appears beneath him.
List of Items needed to reveal GatesEdit
- Twilight Town: The blue orb from the Struggle Trophy.
- Hollow Bastion: The Hollow Bastion Restoration Committee honorary membership card given to Sora by Leon.
- The Land of Dragons: Shan-Yu's sword.
- Beast's Castle: Beast's Rose.
- Olympus Coliseum: The Olympus Stone.
- Disney Castle: The Cornerstone of Light after you return from the Timeless River.
- Atlantica: A bubble.
- Port Royal: Jack Sparrow's Compass.
- Agrabah: A ruby from the Cave of Wonders.
- Halloween Town: Jack Skellington's Santa Claus costume.
- Pride Lands: Mufasa's Ghost.
- Realm of Darkness: The Sea-salt ice cream received from Riku.
- Only the Pride Lands Gate opens differently; Mufasa's Ghost isn't in the dimension Sora is in to open the Gate. The Gate just appears without the object needed to open it being there to send a beam out to reveal it.
|Kingdom Hearts • Chain of Memories • Kingdom Hearts II • coded • 358/2 Days • Birth by Sleep • 3D: Dream Drop Distance|
|Remakes and other titles|
|Final Mix • Re:Chain of Memories • II Final Mix • Mobile • Re:coded • Birth by Sleep Final Mix • V CAST • -1.5 HD ReMix- • χ [chi]|
|Characters | Heartless | Nobodies | Unversed | Replicas | Heart | Soul | Body | Memory | Keyhole | Gate | Keyblade | Light | Darkness|
|HP | AP | Munny | Heart Points | Save Point | Gummi Ship | Level | Jiminy's Journal|