Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Kingdom Hearts, the Keyholes were sealed, leaving no way to travel between each world. About a year later, the Heartless found another method of traveling between worlds, creating their own Gates. A good portion of the Gates are revealed in Kingdom Hearts II.
The Gates are opened when a specific item or object, different for each world, is surrounded in light and is accompanied by a gust of wind. The item in question reveals the Keyhole to a route, which Sora then unseals. Sora, Donald, and Goofy continue on their adventures thereafter with the new route opened. When Sora unlocks a world's gate, a symbol shaped like Sora's crown pendant appears beneath him.
List of Items needed to reveal GatesEdit
- Twilight Town: The blue orb from the Struggle Trophy.
- Hollow Bastion: The Hollow Bastion Restoration Committee honorary membership card given to Sora by Leon.
- The Land of Dragons: Shan-Yu's sword.
- Beast's Castle: Beast's Rose.
- Olympus Coliseum: The Olympus Stone.
- Disney Castle: The Cornerstone of Light after you return from the Timeless River.
- Atlantica: A bubble.
- Port Royal: Jack Sparrow's Compass.
- Agrabah: A ruby from the Cave of Wonders.
- Halloween Town: Jack Skellington's Santa Claus costume.
- Pride Lands: Mufasa's Ghost.
- Realm of Darkness: The Sea-salt ice cream received from Riku.
- Only the Pride Lands Gate opens differently; Mufasa's Ghost isn't in the dimension Sora is in to open the Gate. The Gate just appears without the object needed to open it being there to send a beam out to reveal it.
|Kingdom Hearts • Chain of Memories • Kingdom Hearts II • coded • 358/2 Days • Birth by Sleep • 3D: Dream Drop Distance • χ [chi] • Back Cover • 0.2 Birth by Sleep • Kingdom Hearts III|
|Remakes and Remasters|
|Re:Chain of Memories • Re:coded • Unchained χ • Dream Drop Distance HD|
|Trinity Master Pieces • II Final Mix+ • 10th Anniversary Box • HD 1.5 ReMix • HD 2.5 ReMix • HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue • 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX|
|Final Mix • II Final Mix • Birth by Sleep Final Mix|
|Non Canon Titles|
|V CAST • Mobile • Magical Puzzle Clash • Gummiship Studio|
|Characters | Heartless | Nobodies | Unversed | Dream Eaters | Replicas | Heart | Soul | Body | Memory | Keyhole | Gate | Keyblade | Light | Darkness|
|Mark of Mastery | Book of Prophecies | χ-blade | Foreteller|
|HP | AP | Munny | Magic | Heart Points | Save Point | Gummi Ship | Cards | Medal | Level | Flowmotion | Jiminy's Journal|