The Drive Gauge is a new bar in Kingdom Hearts II like that of HP and MP. It is used above the MP gauge. It is used for Drive Forms and Summons in Kingdom Hearts II, which will deplete the gauge. You can replenish the Drive Gauge by dealing damage to enemies, picking up Drive Orbs or from the Drive Recovery or High Drive Recovery items.
In Kingdom Hearts II, you can get your Drive Gauge up to 7. In Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, you can get it up to 9, since three more battles are added and one is removed. When a Drive Form is triggered, the Drive Gauge's function changes. The Drive Gauge becomes grey and the gauge starts depleting to indicate the remaining time for the Drive Form. The same thing happens when you use a summon. The more damage is dealt, the faster the gauge depletes. When the gauge hits zero, Sora will revert to his normal form or the summoned character will disappear, depending on which is used.
Drive Gauge UpgradesEdit
Kingdom Hearts IIEdit
- Defeat Barbossa in Port Royal.
- Defeat the Hostile Program in Space Paranoids.
- Defeat Saïx in The World That Never Was.
- Defeat Sephiroth in Radiant Garden.
Kingdom Hearts II Final MixEdit
- Defeat Xaldin in Beast's Castle.
- Defeat Xemnas's Final Battle in the game.
- Defeat the Lingering Sentiment.
Abilities that affect the Drive GaugeEdit
- Damage Drive - Drive Gauge is refilled when damage is taken.
- Drive Boost - Drive Gauge restoration increased faster during MP Charge
- Oblivion has this ability.
- Form Boost - Form Gauge depletes at 80% normal speed.
- Oathkeeper has this ability.
- Summon Boost - Summon Gauge depletes at 80% normal speed.
|Valor | Wisdom | Limit | Master | Final | Anti|
|Sora's Other Forms and Costumes|
|Merman | Vampire | Data | Retro | Lion | Card | Die | Santa|
|Donald's Forms and Costumes|
|Squid | Mummy | Data | Retro | Bird | Snowman|
|Goofy's Forms and Costumes|
|Turtle | Frankenstein | Data | Retro | Tortoise | Reindeer|
|Dark Mode | Ansem | Halloween|
|Lion | Retro|