Defense Boost (also called Defense Up) is an item that can be obtained in the Kingdom Hearts series. Defense Boosts will permanently increase a character's Defense stat by one. This item can only be used from the items menu after it is obtained. Defense Boosts can be found in treasure chests and can be created through synthesis.
In Kingdom Hearts Final Mix: Beginner Mode, Sora starts off with 8 Defense Ups in his stock.
Treasure Chests and EventsEdit
- Traverse Town - First District after extinguishing the candles in the cafe.
- Note: The player can receive another Defense Up after sending the 9th Postcard.
- Wonderland - Bizarre Room after lighting the torch near the lion mask.
- Olympus Coliseum - Complete the Pegasus Cup in under three minutes.
- Deep Jungle - Complete the Panic Fall course of Jungle Slider.
- Agrabah - Treasure Room, make Abu activate one of the statues.
- Halloween Town - Bridge, small platform near exit.
- Neverland - Clock Tower x2, come back when the 8:00 and 10:00 door is lit.
- 100 Acre Wood - Tigger's Giant Pot, rare nut reward from Owl.
- Hollow Bastion - Rising Falls, underwater cave.
- End of the World - Gate to the Dark x2
In this game, the only Defense Boost in a large treasure chest is in 100 Acre Wood in Piglet's House.
A Defense Boost is given for defeating the Xigbar, Xaldin, or Saïx Data Battles in the Garden of Assemblage.
In addition, they can be synthesized from List III by using the following:
Kingdom Hearts Final MixEdit
This is going to be on List IV
Kingdom Hearts IIEdit
Aside from synthesizing them you can also earn them by completing certain Moogle Lists:
- Obtain 30 synthesis material types
- Obtain all Bright materials.
They can be synthesized as well, after obtaining the Guard Recipe and the following items:
- In Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, the damage calculation holds (STR-DEF) as its root equation. Since 86 is the highest STR of an enemy in the game and the root equation can't be lower than 1, boosting DEF any higher than 85 has no actual effect.